Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. Since then, our physicians have cared for four generations of families with our first patients now bringing their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren to our practice.
Your Pediatric Associates Medical Home
is all about YOU!
Personal Provider – Your child’s care is coordinated by the primary provider of your choice. Our Medical Home is a “Pediatric Team” or partnership between you, your child, your family and your primary care provider.
Team Approach – Your provider has a team of staff in the office who assist in managing chronic conditions.
- The front office staff will make arrangement for any special accommodations that your child needs prior to them coming into the office.
- Our goal is to make you/your child comfortable sharing any concerns you have with your Pediatric Team.
Patient Centered Care – The most important health care team members are – you/your child. Your child is our focus and so we will ask for information about the medical issues you are dealing with and also strive to understand the conditions at home and school which can affect your child’s health.
- Your Pediatric Team will know the health history of your child.
- They will listen to your concerns as well as your child’s.
- They will create a trusting and collaborative relationship with you and your child.
Coordinated Care – We will work with you and other health care partners to coordinate the care that your child receives outside our office. This will also allow us to maintain a complete care record for your child.
- Our referral staff and case manager will assist you with referrals to other specialist.
- Your personal Case Manager will sit with you to review any concerns, care plans, community resource needed, issues at school or help to arrange specialist visits.
- Your Case Manager will review a comprehensive care plans if your child has special health care needs and monitor any self-care plans your provider prescribes.
- Your Case Manager will conduct education for children that qualify for our Disease Management Program.
Access to Care – We are open 365 days a year, have weekend & evening hours, and can be reached by phone 24 hours a day. Call your office or click here to make an online appointment.
What Do We Expect from You/Your Child? In turn we will ask that you/your child:
- Become comfortable sharing information with your team;
- Routinely communicate your child’s needs, family needs or changes in your child’s health;
- Remember to tell your team about any care your child received between visits to our office (such as emergency room visits, urgent care clinics or unscheduled specialist visits);
- Complete a patient satisfaction survey from time to time to let us know how we are doing, and what we can do to improve communication or care to you/your child.
If you would like more information about our Patient Centered Medical Home, please contact Gineska Castillo
Pediatric Associates is considered one of the most visionary pediatric practices in the country. The company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations staffed by multiple physicians. We were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available.
Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, our modern facilities offer families comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. To better accommodate our working parents, we also offer extended office hours in the evening and on weekends.
Currently, our 25 neighborhood locations are staffed by more than 180 providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and St. Lucie counties.
Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be our primary goal. We realize that patients are the reason we exist and we strive to treat them professionally with compassion, respect and dignity.